Instagram – August 1st, 2019
In celebration of World Elephant and World Lion Day, we are hosting an evening of inspirational films on August 11th at 6pm at the Southampton Arts Center. The evening is in conjunction with the exhibition on view at the center, National Geographic Photo Ark by @joelsartore , and after the films, there will be a panel discussion moderated by Timothy Tear, Executive Director, Africa Region, Wildlife Conservation Society and joined by James Currie, Documentary Film Maker & Brand Ambassador of @wearewilderness , Alexandra Hostetter, Director of Development, Big Life Foundation, and Ami Vitale (by video), Photojournalist and Documentary Film Maker.
The films on show will be as follows:
• Reteti Elephant Sanctuary by @amivitale
• Dave Mathews Visits Reteti Elephant Sanctuary by @amivitale
• Maasai Olympics – Funded by Big Life Foundation/ Made by @blackbeanproductions
• Lion Relocation – Funded by Empowers Africa / Made by @blackbeanproductions
• Tsavo Trust – Holistic Conservation by @tsavotrust
• Last of the Big Tuskers – by James Currie, Greg Nelson, Tom Mahamba and Johan Marais
The evening promises to be filled with conservation, conversation and plenty of information – please buy your tickets in advance from the link in our bio. See you there!