Instagram – August 25th, 2019
We are thrilled that Zakouma National Park, currently under the management of our friends and partners @africanparksnetwork , has been voted one of @time magazine’s Greatest Places to Visit in 2019! African Parks partners with governments and local communities in order to make each park they manage sustainable in the long-term, whilst also contributing to economic development and poverty alleviation.
#Repost @africanparksnetwork with @get_repost
In case you missed it – yesterday Zakouma National Park was named one of @time’s World’s Greatest Places 2019!
On the heels of this exciting news, we wanted to share five reasons why you should consider visiting this extraordinary park.
1) Zakouma is off the beaten track, situated in southern Chad – with its unparalleled beauty it offers an experience like no other – without the crowds.
2) The park is home to an incredible diversity of wildlife, including lion and leopard, the critically endangered Kordofan giraffe and one of Africa’s largest elephant herds numbering well over 500.
3) A birder’s paradise, this vast landscape hosts an array of avian species ranging from charismatic bee-eaters to 10% of the global population of black-crowned cranes. And evening skylines are transformed by soaring murmurations of queleas in their tens of thousands.
4) A variety of gorgeous accommodation options are available, including the lovely Tinga Camp. Situated on the banks of the Tinga river, this classical camp offers guests a taste of the warm Chadian hospitality.
5) Following nine years of tireless work on the ground, in partnership with the Chadian Government and thanks to our supporters, we have secured this park and worked with local communities to make @zakouma_national_park the national treasure it is today. Visiting Zakouma is one of the best ways to support conservation, communities, and the long-term future of this wild area.
Click the link in our bio to learn more and book your trip today! 📷 1) @tom_parker_photographer, 2) Michael Viljoen, 3&4) @lifethroughalensphotography #AfricanParks #TIME #GreatestPlaces #Zakouma #Chad #Conservation #Wildlife #Tourism#Safari #Bucketlist