The Daunara Foundation’s mission is to uplift the community of the Daunara Village and its surrounding villages, by ensuring the benefits of the tourism industry flow through to the communities and create long-term benefits for the community as a whole. We have named the lodge after the nearby village that we’ll be working closely with, Daunara (it means ‘home of the lion and buffalo’). While we work with the architects on the new lodge’s design, we’ve started the Daunara Foundation which exists to support the conservation of the concession that the lodge is situated in, its goals are to;
- build agricultural and farming infrastructures so that the village can sell fresh produce, honey, eggs, firewood, fish, chicken, micro greens and lots more to the lodge,
- create employment for members of the village at the new lodges
- Build a training facility
- create an anti-poaching unit staffed by village members,
- build a school in the village (there’s currently none in the area),
- build a health clinic (the nearest clinic is a 2-hour drive away),
- build and repair bridges to the village (presently the main bridge to the village is inaccessible by car).
Empowers Africa has partnered with Daunara Foundation in order to provide a cost-effective solution to fundraising in the United States by acting as their fiscal sponsor. Any donations made here will be granted to Daunara Foundation.
Empowers Africa uses Stripe to process credit card donations. Stripe has very stringent security rules which may lead to declined credit card transactions. If you are experiencing trouble processing your donation, kindly contact Nadia Derelieva at (917) 328-1611 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate to the Daunara Foundation
If you do not have any specific project in mind and wish the organization to use their own discretion, please click here.
Donations can also be made by check or wire transfer:
Checks should be made out to “Empowers Africa” and should be mailed to:
2 Beekman Place, Ste. 18B
New York, NY 10022
Kindly note in the memo section of the check that funds are for Daunara Foundation. Or email us at email@example.com.
For wire transfer details or more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Empowers Africa has been approved as a U.S. public charity, contributions to which are tax deductible for U.S. federal income tax purposes under Section 501(c)(3) [EIN: 32-0403737] of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
Thank you for your support!